PSU eval. # n3252w View Sonic, Model vs11335-1m

This PSU looks new, being there is no service manual to d/l that I can access (other than the scam sites), the power light comes on after hard reset then blinks green, bad PSU right ?, well looking at the main board (2006) the general continuity testing turns out ok, the specs are as follows: PSU outputs: 12 pin output to main board, and 10 pin output to video. PSU has no part# that corresponds to any posts here or in Google groups, I can clearly see the scratch marks where the PSU has been replaced and/or looked at by the face plate, I don=92t want to purchase an replacement PSU to find out it=92s some other problem that=92s not feasible within the client=92s budget to find I can=92t return the PSU for a refund. Any suggestions would be appreciated, also I suspect a problem with the inverter based on the =93power on response=94 which is very similar to a PSU failure. Description, press power LCD try to start then goes off and the green power light blinks green. Please email me directly I will compliment my findings to this forum.

Curt

PSU-->

ctops.legal

I recently rescued a faulty LCD with similar problem, would turn off after very short time. Symptoms like bad caps in power supply, except this monitor ran off an external 12V power brick and nothing looked busted around the power board.

After much searching I found info on a Russian site which suggested changing the capacitor across backlight inverter xformer primary as it had lost capacitance. So I replaced both caps (dual inverter board for four CCFL tubes) and the thing worked!

Replaced 2 x dark red 220nF 250V with 220nF 630VDC or 275VAC polycarbonate mains rated cap. Had to mount the caps off-board as they were much larger than the originals, but there was plenty of horizontal space around the inverter board.

What started out looking like a power supply problem was in fact over on the backlight inverter board.

Worth a try?

Grant.

--
http://bugs.id.au/
Reply to

or

ger

Well the unit won=92t come on (just a flash of blue), then blinking green light. I know the client will pay for a PSU I just need to id this one, the unit was sold in 2007 from what I am reading about this PSU from this particular model there must have been a bad batch of PSU=92s, and the replacement needs a modified cable, and some people are using the unit with an external PSU. I this trying a new PSU 1st will eliminate the need to take the unit apart any further, thanks for the input.

Reply to
ctops.legal

for

r to

ate

arger

The PSU looks like a 2200232015p Rev. 1

A google searched turned up 2 (out of stock), the Unit was sold in

2007, any idea where to find a new PSU ?
Reply to
ctops.legal

an

.

ase

SU for

lar to

ept

onate

larger

he

View Sonic ftp acces to service manuals;

ftp://supportdocs.viewsonic.com/Documents username: custaccess password: Vssm22338

Reply to
ctops.legal

On Tue, 4 May 2010 09:14:44 -0700 (PDT), "ctops.legal" put finger to keyboard and composed:

Thanks!

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

an

.

ase

SU for

lar to

ept

onate

larger

he

LOOK! Can somebody explain to me why the PSU in not mentioned in the service manual ?

Reply to
ctops.legal

can

eo.

chase

not

PSU for

milar to

een

xcept

rbonate

ch larger

the

er

are

LCD # N3252W

I just called the PSU was out of stock at View Sonic, the new referenced part is # B00005504, $ 133.42 (no return), any ideas who makes this part ?

=20 Curt

Reply to
ctops.legal

FSP212-3F01, FSP 212W Open Frame Power Supply for 32" LCD TV Panel Size

ctops.legal