[?] Siemens HiPath 3350 digital 'phone exchange - PSU pin-outs.

Hi,

I'm hoping that someone in this NG is sufficiently knowledgeable about Siemens digital telephone exchanges and able/willing to help with a problem that I have. It concerns an almost completely dead power supply in a HiPath 3350 exchange, which is NOT in continuous 24/7 service, but kept just for occasional testing of digital telephones and other accessories.

To get it up and running again I urgently need to find out the pin assignments for the 50-way PCB edge-connector that carries the PSU outputs across to the main stack of interface cards in the exchange.

To date, I have progressed this far:-

The entire underside of the 50-way (i.e: a double-sided 2 x 25way) edge-connector is made up of solid copper track, common to the chassis [ground] of the unit so that immediately accounts for 25 of the pins. Ten adjacent 'pins' on the top-side of the PCB are all strapped together, so I'm virtually certain that they are for the +5.1 volt at 8 Amp output. There are four other connections on this PCB edge-connector from the PSU. Two of them comprise two adjacent 'pins' strapped together, and the other two comprise three adjacent 'pins' strapped. There are also five 'pins' that have no connection to them.

Since the PSU is built on a large multi-layer board, it's next to impossible to work out the other pin assignments just by physical inspection. I know that the PSU also produces a -48 volt DC supply at

1.1A, as well as a 75 volt AC supply for ringing but I don't know which should appear on which pins.

I'd be most grateful to hear from anyone in this NG who has a schematic for this PSU, or even a working unit on to which they could put a test-meter, in order to clarify the four [I think] other PSU pin assignments for me OR... ...does anyone have a used but working [S30122-K5660-M300-2] Siemens PSU that they'd care to sell?

If I cannot source a replacement PSU at a reasonable price then, if I know the pin assignments, my fall-back position will be to supply the required voltages from an alternative source, once I know which goes where.

I'm not [YET] at the point of trying to 'splash' voltages onto pins to see what happens ;-)

Many TIA,

- Dave

David C.Chapman - ( snipped-for-privacy@minda.co.uk)

David Chapman