interesting eval board

Looks like a very thin board stuck to a machined block, with the edge-launch SMAs straddling both.

There's no provision for a main power supply, so they must expect a bias tee. And maybe a DC block on the input.

Reply to
jlarkin

I see a bunch of pin headers for the power supply.

Reply to
Jasen Betts

those are for gate control, power supply goes on the output,

Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Am 02.07.21 um 16:54 schrieb snipped-for-privacy@highlandsniptechnology.com:

I can't find anything to decode this .webp. Even Gimp that claims it can handle/edit .webp complains for bad content.

The output power of that thing isn't bad, but an output bias tee and probably input C do not support the "from DC" assertion.

If you can live with a HMC451, I just got a board with a test structure from JLCpcb. Yes, FR4, but on the 2 mm from chip to SMA there won't happen much but a little bit of attenuation.

Turn around time starts to get interesting, less than a week from Gerber upload to postwoman ringing in smalltown, .de

Gerhard

Reply to
Gerhard Hoffmann

lørdag den 3. juli 2021 kl. 00.50.58 UTC+2 skrev Gerhard Hoffmann:

here it just opens in firefox,

anyway, it this one

Lasse Langwadt Christensen

dropbox is serving it with the wrong media type header, strip of the "?raw=1" and it opens in the wrapped preview page OK.

Reply to
Jasen Betts

Gimp 2.10.24 on Fedora worked for me.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Get them wrong and pony up $350 for a new chip, or $750 for a new eval board.

We have pretty fancy sequencers and limiters and thermistors and stuff on our boards.

I have one of these on a board, with a 20 GHz MMIC as a preamp. Composite GBW is about 1 THz.

The definitive WEBP tools are here:

You probably need to update your Gimp.

WEBP images can be lossy (ala JPG) or lossless (ala PNG) and both formats support transparency (JPG doesn't). They're supposed to be 25% smaller than equivalent PNG and JPG files.

Clifford Heath

Reply to
Clifford Heath

Am 03.07.21 um 01:15 schrieb Jasen Betts:

Yes, that's it!

Gerhard

Reply to
Gerhard Hoffmann