Follow-up repair ViewSonic N3252w-1M / Bad FSP212-3F01 PSU,,

Just a follow up, was given the unit, initial analysis was when unit powered up just quik picture flash then black /with blinking red and/ or green power light. The service manual don't give any troubleshooting info, just got the new PSU today FSP212-3F02 (with adapter cable for 3F01) 60 bucks.

The above FLASH when powered up is what I got, power light stays on, remote control works, any ideas ?

Reply to
ctops.legal

Just a follow up, was given the unit, initial analysis was when unit powered up just quik picture flash then black /with blinking red and/ or green power light. The service manual don't give any troubleshooting info, just got the new PSU today FSP212-3F02 (with adapter cable for 3F01) 60 bucks.

Video of power-up sequence-->

Pic-->

The above FLASH when powered up is what I got, power light stays on, remote control works, no audio, and that "4 & pic of a heart" is a code for something, any ideas ?

Reply to
ctops.legal

I am not familiar with that display, however I discovered on panasonic displays that there is a voltage comparitor on the video board that monitors some of the converted voltages and gates the backlights on-off. How about doing some reverse engineering on the cfl controller chip and determine which pin controls light on-off. Then backtrace to the grey jumper between boards to find which pin to tie high or low. try unplugging the cable to see if you can then trick the backlights on by tieing that pin hi/low. perhaps the converted voltages are slightly off value causing the display to be dark. There may be a bad voltage regulator on the video card causing your problem.

Just my 2-cents.

al

Reply to
mickgeyver

The number 4 is the channel on cable input, the heart makes no sense, unless the TV is in some sort of "factory mode". When you apply power to the set, measure the standby voltages, & see if you have 5 vdc 12 vdc 24 vdc. Also, look for swollen electrolytic capacitors, on the main board. The bad SMPS could have damaged the caps there. Make sure ZD4, Q11, !C8, Q7, & IC2, & the 180 uf 450 vdc main filter are ok. Are you sure the board is new? These low end brand TV's have a very short life, & are more often than not, not worth repairing. Buying online can get you used or rebuilt boards, & you may not be able to tell. Hope this helps.

Reply to
Dani

Yea the main board looks fine, there are some capacitors on top that control voltages for the inverter, and it to may be bad, it would seem the set is a 2007 model, the PSU goes out slow the user goes through a time period of pressing the power on & off to get the unit to work this may have damaged the inverter, may get lucky and it be the video cable or just reseat the connections on the inverter will work I willl take a look.

Reply to
ctops.legal

Looking for a good price on a (new, not used from Ebay) CPT320WB02C

105W power inverter / DAC-24T042 AF, Google has failed me :-(
Reply to
ctops.legal