Problem with Samsung monitor (226BW) w/ Geoforce graphic card

My computer is a Dell Dimension 2400 and I'm having trouble getting a new GeoForce 6800 graphics card working right. The problem is that the computer recognizes both integrated graphics adapter AND the GeoForce card AND I'm getting all my desktop icons etc, showing on the Samsung BUT the mouse and Start button and task bar is on the old monitor. I can right click on the desktop and get to the settings menu BUT it lists both monitors but they are greyed out and I am unable to de- select the old monitor. I'm hoping and expecting that if I can deselect the old monitor I will have full function on the new Samsung.

Help!

Reply to
Mort

This isn't quite an electronics repair question. You'll have better luck in a computer newsgroup.

Reply to
hondgm

Ok, thanks.

Reply to
Mort

Control panel, and disable the integrated adapter and re-boot?

Reply to
PeterD

Peter my man, you have done it.How simple! It worked. I'm glad for both of us that you are not here, cause I'm afreaid I'd have to kiss you. And I'm hetero and the odds are you are too.

I've had this card and monitor for over a week and the guys at Dell made a number of suggestions but nothing worked.

Thanks a hell of a lot.

Mort

Reply to
Mort

Try checking the bios options. Press del or F2 or F4 or something similar during the POST screen. There is usually somewhere that you can disable the onboard video card. That should solve your problems.. I think you could also disable the onboard video card in device manager, but I'm not sure it will stay disabled after a reboot.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Kennedy