pointer stop working

hi all, have window xp home edition and a week ago my pointer and wondows would lock for a few second and go back working for a minute and lock back up would like to know what's happen. thanks in advance.

Reply to
Jonesy82

Bad mouse. Bad!

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

...or some process locking the computer...spyware or such.

jak

Reply to
jakdedert

Same thing happened to my wife. We got a new mouse and all is well since then.

H. R.(Bob) Hofmann

Reply to
hrhofmann

ctrl alt del, shut down al the crap that shouldnt be running. Usually does it, but not always.

When satisfied, stop it starting at boot time by running c windows msconfig.exe and unticking the unwanted junk in 'startup' tab.

NT

Reply to
meow2222