Please help to identify burnt component

I hope anyone can help me to identify a couple of components please, I want to know if they are resistors or capacitor etc. and the voltage, because m aybe I can replace them with another ones that doesn't look similar but wit h the same specifications, thank you in advance. please check the images in the link and click next to see all images:

paulwalker.t

nt to know if they are resistors or capacitor etc. and the voltage, because maybe I can replace them with another ones that doesn't look similar but w ith the same specifications, thank you in advance. please check the images in the link and click next to see all images:

The "L35" and "L37" designations are for inductors (L :== inductor, C: = capacitor, R:== resistor) and are easily tested; if the resistance across them is near 0 ohms, they'r e fine. The other two purple-circled items are (if I'm reading the PCB markings cor rectly) C534 and C535, and your schematic identifies those as 10 pF, 50V, case size 0402

Those are all just intended to filter a VGA output so it doesn't radiate RF ; there is NOTHING critical about the exact values used, which is why the 50V rating was app lied (to a component that will never see more than 3V peak). It's also why the 'L35' position is identified without a component value, probably it was found to work just fine with a zero-ohm jumper in that spot (which saves a few cents).

Reply to
whit3rd

nt to know if they are resistors or capacitor etc. and the voltage, because maybe I can replace them with another ones that doesn't look similar but w ith the same specifications, thank you in advance. please check the images in the link and click next to see all images:

Thank you so so so much, for your help and for your patience to teach. if the inductors work just like jumpers that means they are not quite neces sary right? Can I easily make a solder bridge instead? I'm just trying to find the replacement from scratch. thanks

Reply to
William Iglesias

I would have thought that the feeds to a VGA screen would be shot-circuit-proof. If so, what caused them to burn out?

--
Ian
Reply to

The schematic you posted indicates the devices are capacitors -- not inductors.

I can see an inductor being fried -- but a capacitor?

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

Didn't look at the picture - don't do Facelessbook. But ceramics can catch fire if across a power rail...

Reply to
JW