Plasma TV reliability

My friend had a plasma tv and said it was expensive to repair when it broke down. Do these things break down more than regular television sets?

Reply to
healthiest_throat

They're getting better, but then conventional TVs are getting worse. I'd say plasmas are probably about equal as far as reliability now, maybe even a little better, but when they do break they're often expensive or even uneconomical to repair.

Reply to
James Sweet

Most of them only break down once... ;)

Ron(UK)