Pioneer PDP 503 Problem

I have a Pioneer PDP-503PU that shows this display without the media box attached. It shuts down after about 1 second of this display. For those who don't want to look at the images it's a green screen sort of divided up into thirds with the top being green, middle is white and bottom green again. It has an image of a television channel on it that is not clear, almost like the scan rate is wrong. My suspicions are a signal module, but I'm not convinced.

What do you think could be at issue here, and fyi it does have the new power supply with the orange dot.

cummings