Pioneer PDP-433MXE Power Supply fault

I am attempting to repair the Power Supply Unit ( board number PCB2310 A06-12196B MDK79V-0) fitted to a Pioneer plasma panel PDP-433MXE (similar to a PDP-503MXE). I have found most of the faulty components, caused by the failure of Q127, and its source resistor, but I don't know what caused Q127 to fail in the first place. I have traced out part of the circuit (schematic) and have tested all of the likely items.

I am unable to find a service manual on the web which contains a circuit diagram, but I have found some references to this fault on a Russian website, only problem is I don't read Russian ! Even so this has been usefull in identifying some of the failed components.

Does anyone out there have a circuit / schematic for the power supply which I can have, or does anyone know what causes this fault?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

Ian.

Reply to
Ian French

Did you find all the fixes to bring this plasma back to life?

My PDP-433MXE just went pop when I tried to bring it out of standby

Reply to
uvacity

Please. Would you googlegroopers please take note of the _date_ of the postings you are (futily) following up to.

Reply to
Allodoxaphobia