Need to clear TRAP flag on plasma PDP-504PU.

PDP-504PU (Type: TUCK)

Just called and they don't support plasma (huh?).

Our shop is pioneer authorized shop and downloaded that service manual to look for info on clear the TRAP trip flag. Got it that, clearing TRAP section but huh? No info on entering into factory service mode in order to clear this TRAP flag. The FSM says have to enter into service mode first via jig or remote (even service manual left out the details for entering into service mode by substituting that with "Know-how"!).

Due to nature of this sensitive info due to DMCA thing, best to email me directly.

Thanks & Cheers, Wizard

Reply to
Jason D.

Apparently one TV I have (Konka) to get into service I need to open the remote and look for an 'extra' button!

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

I did warranty work on about 20 brands of electronics in the 70s and '80s, and I saw the same things done to cheap consumer crap that I saw on high end defense electronics.

--
My sig file can beat up your sig file!
Reply to

Jim Land

What does that have to do with "Joe Screwdriver" impaling a piece of equipment?

-- Service to my country? Been there, Done that, and I've got my DD214 to prove it. Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell Central Florida

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I got this response to my trap switch posts from a real kind gentleman with a non functional email addy. Good work Darren.

I am not sure if you ever fixed your problem with the pioneer trap switch.

I had the exact same problem as you, and I was just replacing the internal fan.

After many hours of searching on the internet, I finally found the fix.

Using the remote control this is what you would need to do (the TV needs to be in standby:)

1 - Press the display button once (do not hold, just press and then release. If not present on your model of remote, then press the button directly underneath "9" and release)

2 - Wait about 3 seconds after step one and then press (in order): left - up - left - right - power

The service menu will come up. From here you could tune the television if desired, but as far as the trap switch is concerned....it is unlocked!!!!!!!

Just turn the TV off using the power function of the remote control. Now the TV should operate as normal.....

Please let me know you received this email. I was not sure how to make a post to your thread on "Google groups," but I did see you asked around for several months trying to figure it out. Please post this information for everyone to see, you can even take credit :) I am just happy to have my set working again.

Darren

jango2