Phillips "Observer" CCTV system cameras

I have a monitor for this system but I need the four cameras to be used outdoors. The monitor has a built in four channel sequential switcher and provides a DC votage on the coax to power each camera. I have not seen these cameras for awhile. Does anyone know if they are still available? Thanks, Lenny Stein, Barlen Electronics.

Reply to
captainvideo462002

: I have a monitor for this system but I need the four cameras to be used : outdoors. The monitor has a built in four channel sequential switcher : and provides a DC votage on the coax to power each camera. I have not : seen these cameras for awhile. Does anyone know if they are still : available? Thanks, Lenny Stein, Barlen Electronics.

Yes, no, sort of.

Not sure if it's the same system marketed under the Magnavox name but the cameras were not anything special, except for the intercom function, if the philips has that.

As far as I know (meaning I could be completely wrong), the older style cameras were trashed/discontinued. The system is still available (usually marketed at places like Menards, Home Depot) but they changed the connectors from that "din type" round one to a more or less standard 8-pin ethernet type.

The older type cameras flooded the surplus market about a year or two ago, sometimes under $10 a shot. I suppose there could be some collecting dust somewhere but I think you missed the boat.

If the monitor you have uses the ethernet type cable, those are current and you should be able to turn them up at the borg type stores.

The Magnavox model number for the round connector type camera was 38MS205T if you want to google around.

-bruce snipped-for-privacy@ripco.com

Reply to
Bruce Esquibel

Thanks I'll check it out. Lenny