Multiplex signals and cameras?

Hi all,

I need to combine several analog signals (DC voltage swing from 0V to 12VDC, from switches, relays, etc.) and send it to another device using multiplexing.

I first need to find more information regarding multiplexing. I am hoping I can find a way to send bi-directional signals through 3 wires (Hi, Low, Shield).

But I have two cameras that need to be implemented into my design (just two CCD cameras that monitor a machine). But the signal from the camera goes back to the unit sending the multiplexed signal!

Right now, I have 16 wires sending signal between both devices.

I need to simplify, ideally, 3 wire multiplex would be best.

(Concert lighting uses "DMX" which has 512 channels of control, interesting stuff indeed. But I don't think I've seen bi-directional DMX in that industry).

I guess the camera signal would have to be converted to digital (it has composite outputs).

Oh, and if anyone has any information where I can find multiplexing information, that would be greatly appreciated (information leading me towards design).

Cheers!

Robert

Reply to
Robert

How about 3 wires....

1) 0V/screen 2) Composite video from camera 3) Multiplexed data

2 and 3 go in opposite directions.

3 could be bidirectional

Google "1 wire signaling" to do 3) perhaps? Hint..

If you want to be clever synchronise the data to the video to reduce noise on the video signal.

Reply to
CWatters