Phillips LCD TV 30PF9946D/37

Hi all I am having the dreaded no picture problem with my Phillips LCD Tv (Model # 30PF9946D/37). It is out of warranty and I am not having much luck getting through to any service place today. I have read up on this and seen the youtube video (Phillips black screen of death) but my problem is a little different in that once my tv stopped showing a picture it has not shown one since, I only hear sound. I have read that this could either be a problem with the inverter or the small circuit board (in which case big $$$?). I understand this a short coming of these units but I am trying to figure out if it is worth a service call or if I should buy a new tv... ugh

fletcher.jon

if it doesnt work out, you can at least save cash by buying up a decent spec used CRT set sold off cheap as people 'upgrade' (sic) to LCD or plasma- these times are good for those of us who care about picture quality as opposed to 'wall-hangability' ! ;-) plenty of bargains to be had....

-B.