Philips LX3000D: no sound the first 15 min.

Hello,

I am trying to repair a Philips LX3000D surround system. The first 15-20 min. after switching on, the system doesn't produce sound. All functions work, the volume is adjustable (according to the display). Switching mute on or off doesn't make any difference.

During this period I can hear some background noise from the speakers, so the amplifier works. Via the speakers and also via a headset.

After 15-20 minutes I hear a "plop" sound, after that the sound is back! Then the sound will stay.

I sprayed with cold spray on various components but the sound did not go away anymore....

After switching off (for 10 minutes or so) and switching on, the sound is gone again....

What is the problem?

Regards,

Arjan

Reply to
Arjan

Could possibly be a bad solder joint that doesn't make contact until something warms up and expands. Check the contacts for the components that have or are mounted to heat sinks.

Sometimes bad joints are nearly impossible to see. You could just go over them with some flux and a soldering iron to be sure.

Reply to
Unregistered