Denon AVR-3801 No Sound on DVD Playback

My 3801 stopped sending sound to the surround sound system when playing DVD's. It seems to perform just fine playing VCR's or off the tuner.

I have checked the DVD-in cables (S-Video and Coax) and all connections appear solid at both ends.

Another recent change that may, or may not be related is that the illuminated display blanks out after a few seconds. Does not attect playback in VCR or Tuner mode, but started happening about the time the DVD sound began getting flakey.

Anybody have any ideas on what might be going on and whether it is a repairable situation?

Thanks in advance.

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Fifield

Try re-initializing the microprocessor according to your owner's manual. Probably not much else you can do yourself.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias