Help! I lost my life (Again)!

Hi

I am a need of help to get back something that could be considered 'my life' - its actually a content of an 60GB IBM Deskstar HD (I know those are known to be bad!) - this HD contains a lot of my projects from what I do not have backups. In the matter of fact I used that HD to hold old backups from older disks. The disk drive started todo the famous clicking sound last week.

I have asked for quote to restore some folder from the HD from an UK based company, the prelim quote was 275 UKP (I only asked to recover on directory so final quote may be higher).

I can not spend such a sum at the moment. So if anyone feels like ready to help then I accept any donations - the only thing I can promise in return is that I will burn 1 DVD with the recovered files (in unedited form, all of them!) and send it to anyone who donates 10+ USD for the 'antti-recovery' project !

not all projects I wanted to be donated have been uploaded, some of them are possible on the malfunctioning harddisk :(

Please dont ask what is on the disk, it used to be main HD in my workstation, and it holds also copies from at least 2 older hard disks.

Antti PS to explain the (again) - for about 6 years ago I did over-work brain-overheat (ended up for 1 month in hospital and had to re-learn to speak and walk!), my mom did blame my PC in that and BURNED it. So I lost the last version of an commercial RISC compiler (amongst other projects) that I was selling for profit for many years. Well there was something that survived that burn, a girl I had met a few weeks earlier is now my wife and we have 3 kids.

PPS the HD I need to be recovered has a restored backup of that compiler, and also some CD to HD backups.

Reply to
Antti Lukats