Philips 32PW9523 - flashing red light - power problem?

Dear all

After a while switched on my Philips TV switches itself off and the power light starts flashing red. To get it back on again, have to switch it off manually, wait for a bit then switch on - and you can hear a crackling or tick-tick sound as if its struggling to power up. Saw a similar post which mentioned this was probably a power problem so protection circuit had cut in. Have accessed service menu with following results;

Date: Sep 25 2000 Id: MG21E13.5_02591 Operation hours: 03882.0 Errors 067 068 067 068 067 068 067 068 067 068 Defect. Module: +8V Supply

Can someone with a manual tell me what these error codes are more specifically and how to fix it.

Thanks

Chris

Reply to
chris

i assume you have first done 'the obvious', like checking for dry joints round the line drive, HOT, vertical ic etc. and replaced the electrolytic caps in the psu?

-B.

up.

so

i assume you have first done 'the obvious', like checking for dry joints round the line drive, HOT, vertical ic etc. and replaced the electrolytic caps in the psu?

-B.

tell me if you have fixed this fault if not some one told me to replace the relay 1010 .. i have not yet done this ...

Dev

Reply to
dpatel