Philips 27PT8420 problem

Two issues here. First, the lower left corner turns blue whenever there is red on that part of the screen. It doesn't seem to be magnetism. It's displays most colors fine except reds and oranges, etc.

Second, and far more serious. It seems that sometimes, if the TV has been on a while, the screen will essentially shrink in on itself. It immediately corrects itself, but might go through this stuttering 3 times very quickly. I may happen every 4 minutes or so. Now, I have lost v-hold on some TVs in the past, but this seems to be nothing like that.

Any ideas, suggestions, and estimates would be extremely appreciated.

-Phil

Reply to
Philburg

If your any good with a soldering gun then I would say to go into the set to see if you have any bad solder and correct it if there is any. If not then I would say take it into your local repairshop and have it fixed.

Reply to
tvguy

After looking at the "problem", it may be the horizontal hold. First time around I thought I was it vertically shrink, but it doesn't. It probably is a soldering issue.... somewhere.

Reply to
Philburg

The more serious problem is actually the easiest to fix, just a bad solder joint, most likely. The discoloration is likely a purity problem, and if degaussing does not clear it up, an experienced tech is recommended.

Leonard

Reply to
Leonard Caillouet