PEAVY STANDARD 1978 MARK III SERIES 260D

Hi:

I have a PEAVY STANDARD 1978 MARK III SERIES 260D I want to sell it but I need to fix it first.

Problem when I turn on the amp (connected to a peavy 4x 10 ((actaully

2 Suns (8=CE=A9) and 2 orig. peavys speakers)) cabinet) I get a loud WHACK of dc to the speakers. I disconnected the pre amp from the mains and the whack is much less more like normal (on a bench test speaker). Any ideas? I checked the the 2 BJT's and cleaned all pots and checked 1/4 inch jacks. Any Schematics would be nice.

Please Email me ASAP.

thanks

db

Reply to
deliperrot

I have a PEAVY STANDARD 1978 MARK III SERIES 260D I want to sell it but I need to fix it first.

Problem when I turn on the amp (connected to a peavy 4x 10 ((actaully

2 Suns (8?) and 2 orig. peavys speakers)) cabinet) I get a loud WHACK of dc to the speakers. I disconnected the pre amp from the mains and the whack is much less more like normal (on a bench test speaker). Any ideas? I checked the the 2 BJT's and cleaned all pots and checked 1/4 inch jacks. Any Schematics would be nice.

Please Email me ASAP.

thanks

db

Owners manuals and schematics, not available on the website, may be obtained by mail (via check or money order) or by phone (via credit card). Schematics are $2.50 per copy, owners manuals are $7.50 (paper back) / $20.00 (notebook).

Send Check/Money order to: Peavey Electronics, Parts Department, PO Box 412 Hwy

11 and 80, Meridian, MS 39301. Credit Card orders phone: (601) 483-5365. This applies to US and Canadian residents only.
--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net  (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the

Life is like a roll of toilet paper; the closer to the end, the faster it goes.
Reply to
DaveM