Parts for Ewave Microwave Oven?

We have an Ewave (Daewoo/Magic Chef) KOT-152UW microwave oven purchased at Home Depot. The touchpad is getting flakey and I have been trying to locate a parts vendor without much success.

I'd appreciate any recommendations. Thank you.

(Yeah, I realise the touchpad may cost as much as a new oven but I practically remoodeled the kitchen to fit this thing in.)

Reply to
Mistress

This isn't much help, I'm afraid, but I'll post it because I'm sure someone else will if I don't:

Be VERY careful working on this thing yourself. Uwaves are dangerous to work on. I'm not talking about inadvertantly cooking your hand, I'm talking about getting a shock strong enough to kill you. I'd google the groups here, perhaps on "repair" and "microwave". Apologies for possibly telling you what you already know, but better safe than sorry.

I'm curious: is this an odd-sized unit? Is that why you can't replace it with another brand?

Good luck...

Reply to
Mr. Land

These types of microwave ovens are not supported for service. They are "throw-always". Whenever modeling a kitchen for appliances, it is normally done in a way to have the dimensions fitted to be able to accommodate the range of available sizes. It looks like you will most likely have to get another microwave oven, and do some modifications to the modeling, or find one that fits, even if it is a little smaller.

If you venture in to a microwave oven, take care about the high voltage. Even after the unit is shut down, there can be serious high voltage stored in the main capacitor for the tube. As for the logic control board, the voltages on that should not be lethal, except from the primary side of the switching power supply.

I am guessing that we know someone here that will be getting some of his kitchen redone...

--

JANA
_____

"Mistress"  wrote in message
We have an Ewave (Daewoo/Magic Chef) KOT-152UW microwave oven purchased
at Home Depot. The touchpad is getting flakey and I have been trying to
locate a parts vendor without much success.

I'd appreciate any recommendations. Thank you.

(Yeah, I realise the touchpad may cost as much as a new oven but I
practically remoodeled the kitchen to fit this thing in.)
Reply to
JANA

Thanks. I'd thought about going on and on about my experience but I'm not much for typing when I dont have to. We repaired microvaves (and lots of other stuff) in my shop a couple decades ago.

And I recall one brief moment of folly that confirms the 'dangerous shock' stuff. I reached for the HV cap in a live microwave. At that moment the case wasn't particularly attached to the ground. I was.

Reply to
Mistress