LG Microwave Oven

This microwave stopped heating. I tested the elctrical circuits and discovered a bad diode that was connected to the capacitor. I called LG due to no part#'s. in the manuals. I called and spoke to the parts dept. , they told me that they can not identify the part due to too many diodes in the system.The diode has the following info on it HVR-1X , SK

3018. Does anyone know where I might be able to purchase this diode ?
--
Jerry Fixall
Reply to

"Jerry Fixall" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@news.homeimprovementbanter.com...

What is the voltage rating of the main capacitor (the one which will kill you)?

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Jerry Fixall wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.homeimprovementbanter.com:

has the following info on it HVR-1X , SK 3018. Does anyone know where I might be able to purchase this diode ?

The HVR-1X is a common diode for microwave ovens. It can be replace with an NTE517:

6e56f?CreateDocument
Reply to
Jim Land

Be carefull in testing the diode with a normal ohmeter. It seems to be open in both directions.

because of the high impedance. Perhaps your problem is the magnetron

Jomi

--
jomiservice
Reply to

On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 15:38:51 +0000, Jerry Fixall put finger to keyboard and composed:

Mouser has an equivalent:

(datasheet)

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar