Part Identifying help needed

Its from a viewsonic P810 monitor part S671. it looks like a fusible resistor and it has a red band and a black band on one end and a white band on the other with clear glass in the middle--how to I determine its value based on this?

Thanks!

Stu

band

Oh ok its a spark gap--how do I test these? its pretty burnt up looking meaning what? the flyback is toast? The monitor powers up, high voltage kicks in but then the screen enlarges in size until it vanishes and shuts down. very weird problem.

Stu:

The parts list that I have is for a P810-1M. There are 4 or 5 different chassis used in the P810. My list does not show that item. It does list a S699, S1001, S1101, and a S1201. All are spark gaps with the same part number: TAGDSP201MF The part should check as open circuit on an ohm-meter. I would leave it out. It should run OK without that part being present. For you other problems, I would check the FET transistor that controls the voltage to the flyback. It is located on the heat sink near the HOT transistor. There are 3 or 4 transistors on the heat sink. the HOT is actually an FET. The flyback may be going bad on this set. Hope this helps... John

Reply to
jdgill

thanks will have a look--I know both the HOT and flyback are ok and all the caps are normal ESR.