Paper problem on Apple Laserwriter II NT

My Apple Laserwriter II NT prints a test page fine, and also prints the first page of a document. However, on a multiple page document, it stops after the first page and gives me a "out of paper" light. I am wondering how to check if this is a pick up roller problem, or a paper sensor arm, or something more serious. Any suggestions?

Reply to
abrenner

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 10:55:30 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@cox.net wrote (in article ):

Ask Moe at

I have been very pleased with him.

--
Nelson
Reply to

Take the lid off and watch the mechanism go through the cycle. You should be able to tell what's going on when it stops.

If it's a rubber roller, sometimes you can rejuvenate them with sandpaper, by removing the glaze.

BTW, those printers are tanks. They're not fast, but the output is clean and they run forever. Worth a little effort to fix, IMO.

Isaac

Reply to
isw