Ricoh IS420 scanner question

Bought a Ricoh IS420 at a local thrift shop. The scanner overall is in excellent condition and looks lightly used - all tires are in great shape.

However: when using the ADF, the first page scans just fine. But the second page is never picked up - scanner errors out and according to the user manual, the error light pattern is "Paper Misfeed." The ADF does not even attempt to pick up the second page.

The problem is consistent. I have verified with a voltmeter that the photodetectors are functioning properly and that there are no foreign objects in the paper path.

I would appreciate any nudges in the right direction, or at least a link to the IS420 (or similar model) service manual.

Doug

-= Get GrabIt for free from

=-

Reply to