Panasonic VCR PV-9400: cassette stuck

Hello, the videocassette in a Panasonic VCR PV-9400 is stuck inside. What is the best way to get it out? My guess is that the tape is stuck on the mechanism. Thanks, WHS

--
WHS MediaSpec
Reply to

WHS MediaSpec wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.homeimprovementbanter.com:

Take a look at repairfaq.org for the answer to this question. I'm not affiliated, just read the answer there several years ago.

Puckdropper

Puckdropper

That's interesting you put in a disclaimer, given that it's not some random site, but the FAQ for this newsgroup. That is the very first place people should be looking before they post here, since so many things can be answered in it. There is the VCR First Aid section, I forget the exact title, which is precisely about getting a stuck tape out of a machine.

Sam has put a lot work into the FAQ, but it is a collective work. People who have posted here over the years have found some of their post(s) in the FAQ, properly credited. So it's hardly a commercial site that one should feel a need to insist that they are not promoting the site for personal gain.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

I would go straight to that FAQ section rather than trying to get the tape out of the VCR by hit-or-miss tactics. I had a Panasonic VCR some years ago with VCR Plus+ that ate a cassette. (The machine was out of warranty by this time, of course.) I had to practically wreck the VCR to get the cassette out (I wish I had known about the VCR First Aid website then; if I had, I might still have that VCR today, in working order). The irony was that the machine ate a tape on which I had recorded a TV show just an hour or so earlier. Never even saw the tape once. (Ouch!)

Jeff, WB8NHV Fairport Harbor, Ohio USA

Reply to
Jeff, WB8NHV