PANASONIC NV-S7B Camcorder - dodgy dew sensor

Like many Panasonic camcorder owners - the dew sensor on my NV-S7B has packed up. Since the cost of professional repairs outweigh its value - I'm hoping I might be able to fix it.

I understand from some postings - resoldering or shorting the sensor can resolve the problem.

1) Does anyone know where the sensor is / what it looks like? It's definitely not part of the power/record cable as with some other panasonic models. 2) And then - how do I disable / fix the sensor?

Regards Tim

Reply to
cowjam40

If you can find it, and it is connected via a connector, remove connector and solder directly the wires to the pcb. conn develops hi res contacts and causes the problem.

Reply to
lakewood

It's usually near he video head drum. It's a small maybe 1/8 inch square with two wires going to it. On the surface of the square you may be able to see a continuous back-and-forth conductor covering most of the surface.

Reply to
Jumpster Jiver

I know what dew sensors look like on other models but I'm still struggling to find it on mine. I can't see anything similar - but much of the cicuit board is hidden. I might have to start taking my camcorder apart and having a closer look.

(to clarify lakewood's solution above) Once I find the dew sensor Do I:

1) remove the sensor, or 2) remove it and solder the two contacts together to complete the circuit
Reply to
cowjam40

Problem solved.

Joining the contacts together prevents the dew sensor activating.

Have jpegs if anyone wants to know where it is.

Reply to
cowjam40