Panasonic 27" CRT, 5 yrs old, snow.

OSD works, doesn't tune channels although the OSD says it does. When I introduce the cable connector to the tuner connector the snow changes patterns as if it is receiving some signal from the cable. Snow is different on the 2-13 channel tier leading me to believe there is a change in the tuning voltage.

It would seem from this simple test that the varactor diode is shot in the tuner module but would rather just replace the entire tuner.

Is this a fair diagnosis?

Reply to
Meat Plow

Does it still work as a Video Monitor ??? Off a cable box or Sat. dish .

Yukio YANO

Reply to
Yukio YANO

Didn't try an external video source but I would assume yes since it is displaying the output of the tuner which is just snow and other junk. I did however switch it to the A/V input and the screen went black with the OSD displaying VIDEO in the upper left corner like it should without any input. So at least the snow isn't in the video circuitry.

Reply to
Meat Plow

Verify the supplies to the tuner before assuming that it is defective. Most likely it is, but you would feel silly replacing a tuner only to find an open resistor or bad regulator.

Leonard

Reply to
Leonard Caillouet