paging system problem

Hi all,

Years ago TOA had the sidearm of distributed PA impedence meters. I also have an Sennheiser and they are the right way to do things. If you look in Don Davis' Sound System Engineering (given to me by BD at Sound Equipment Corporation 31 years ago) there is a plan for a simple circuit a filiment transformer with a light bulb in series that causes speakers without the correct transformers to "climb out of the ceiling" an make themselves known. It is more durable and less expensive than using amplifiers.

Get some flavor of audio impedence meter and build one of these if you make your living on 70v and 25v systems.

Tom Maguire

Reply to
TMI

Well I've learned to never again take a used "working" paging amplifier out to a job again with out first bench testing it for RMS power output. Or worse yet as I guess I did, assume that one already in service was ok.. Lenny.

Reply to
captainvideo462002