Speaker line characteristics

This question was posed on another group but wasn't really answered. There is a PA installation with several zones . One zone is a bell tower which has a separate speaker in it. The speaker is inaccessible. The DC resistance of that line is 11 ohms. How can an installer determine if this is a 70, or 25 volt speaker and which tap it may be set at? Or perhaps it's just an 8 ohm speaker with 3 ohms of cable resistance added? Is there n easy way to do this without an impedance bridge? Thanks, Lenny

Reply to
klem kedidelhopper

How are the other zones wired?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

"klem kedidelhopper"

** One only has to add say a 100 ohm resistor in series with the speaker - if the level drops dramatically it is 8 ohms.

An impedance meter is invaluable when troubleshooting line voltage PA systems - but even that will not tell you if a line matching tranny is 70 V .

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Sigh.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

** ROTFL !!

The Terrell f****it retard has MISREAD my post - as always.

The "you" in my final sentence above refers to OP's problem - ie testing just the speaker line with no ability to inspect the tranny or speaker.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Keep backpedaling, loser. Your inability to think is well known.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

"Michael A. Terrell Autistic Retard "

( snip pile of utter SHIT)

** Fuck off to hell - you rabid, lunatic, f****it TROLL
Reply to
Phil Allison

I keep telling you, I'm not into guys.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

"Michael A. Terrell Autistic Retard "

** Only quadrupeds - with big ears.
Reply to
Phil Allison

Here is the schematic for an old TOA analog impedance meter. It should be fairly easy to build one from what's laying around the shop. the only part I haven't identified is the meter movement, but I'll put one together and see what's needed. Cheap movements are all over Ebay in the $5 to $10 range

Michael A. Terrell

Michael, would it be possible to please send me a PDF of that schematic? I can't get that link you posted to work. Thanks, Lenny

Reply to
klem kedidelhopper

klem kedidelhopper kom med følgende:

Did you try the Download >> To download the file, please, click here !

Reply to
Leif Neland

I can't get the download to work, either.

Any clicking on active areas takes me back to the same screen, but never a download, or potential for download.

Reply to
Robert Macy

Robert Macy forklarede:

Are you using some paranoid browser settings, like rejecting cookies, hiding referer or disabled javascript?

The site seems to have measures to keep leeches away, perhaps you look like that ;-)

--
Husk kørelys bagpå, hvis din bilfabrikant har taget den idiotiske
beslutning at undlade det.

Did you click where it says: "To download the file, please, click here !" between the two that say "Download"? It is in the center of the sixth line from the bottom of the white box.

This is what the line looks like:

Download >> To download the file, please, click here !

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

.

bay

the web page shows your quoted line in my browser, but when I hold the cursor over the "To download ..." section this shows: which looked the same so I assumed something was wrong ....without trying. I've had these 'circular' links in several commercial webpages which were a complete waste of time, so again I didn't even try.

but will now: and YES it comes up with the 'save' window ?!

Guess the lesson is to try, NEVER assume.

Thanks.

Reply to
Robert Macy