Packard Belle EHR2080

Hello everyone, I have a problem with a DVD recorder from the Packard Bell, the model is EHR2080; This device has a manufacturing defect on the block which receives signals from the remote control, I am not clear if the fault is on the remote or recorder; I'd like to solve the problem permanently (without adhesive tape over IR emitter and without mounting a Viewfinder Accuracy on the remote control), to do it would be very useful service manual, can someone give me some indication. Thanks to all Joseph

Reply to
RGR-74

Your 'description' of the fault is not very helpful for folk venturing an opinion on what might be wrong. When you say about "sticking adhesive tape over the IR emitter ... " are you implying that it seems to be receiving a continuous signal from the handset ? Is it maybe doing exactly this ? Have you looked at the remote handset with an electronic camera to see if it is continuously emitting ? You need really to be a bit more specific at describing the exact symptoms that you have, rather than telling us what you think might be a cure that you don't want to do, based on what you've seen happening, and we all haven't ...

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

you

I've just had a similar problem with an EHR 2080 - every signal from the controller was being interpreted as "Timeshift" so basically it was unusable. Again, no way of knowing if the unit or the controller was faulty. Flashed the firmware with no joy so prised the front off the controller as far as I could and blew very hard into the circuitry.

Would you believe it, it worked, so worth a try.

Reply to
Dave H