owon oscilloscope question

Hi im looking for digital oscilloscope.I checked the ebay and seen lots of auctions for Owon oscolloscope.I don't know this company and want to ask you if its a good one.If somebody had it can you tell me a little bit about it? What for example the difference between some models of Tektronix or Fluke?Thanks

Reply to
max

Review

?v=r9VH-fDNfsMDon't know anything about the company.. but hope that helps,

Reply to
Michael Kennedy

?v=r9VH-fDNfsMDon't know anything about the company.. but hope that helps,

I've seen useless reviews, and this is definitely one of them. The writer obviously has little or no experience with test equipment, and he hasn't even used the most-important feature of the product.

By the way, the "analog" bargraph at the top is actually digital.

I've seen such products at Fry's, and been sorely tempted, but have held off.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

?v=r9VH-fDNfsMDon't

You're right, but thats all I could find in the 1 minute of googleing I did.. I really hate to just say you should google it. It at least shows the product in use... welll kind of.. In use as a volt metere. You can at least see the display. I suppose somewhere there has to be a decent review on the internet.

Althought I know absoulutely nothing about this scope, I get the feeling of cheap chinese made knockoff quality. Could be wrong, but thats how I feel. I've made the mistake of buying products that appear to the same as others at 1/2 the cost and I soon discover why they are 1/2 the cost. They suck and break easily.

With a little googleing I found this slightly more useful review.

about halfway down the page. talks about Owon scope and how he sent it back because it sucked.

Reply to
Michael Kennedy

We sell Owon scopes and they are excellent value for money! We also sell Rigol scopes, which offer more USB functionality (Rigol are the Far East manufacturer for a big US scope company. Saelig Co. Inc.

snipped-for-privacy@saelig.com

Reply to
doug.cornell