overvoltage in plasma - fujitsu

When i turn the unit on model (pds4221w-h) it comes on for a few seconds with green fuzz on the screen and then turns off, The power indicator flashes continusoly which means overvoltage.

I need some advice on this. and or a service manual if anyone has one.

thoughts any one?

thanks

david

Reply to
Dave.au

The service manual has test points and tells you which board to replace. Highly unlikely they will sell you the board unless you are a Fujitsu authorized repair center. Fujitsu is one of many plasma screen companies that wants all repair service performed by an authorized servicer in the US.

Reply to
dkuhajda

"Dave.au" wrote in news:42809c9f$ snipped-for-privacy@dnews.tpgi.com.au:

Fujitsu service manuals are pathetic. Nothing but a flow chart and parts list. Even as an authorized servicer, their help is minimal. Unfortunately, at least 1 board of possibly 3 is bad in your plasma. The only way to find the bad one is to swap them out. At $900 - $1200 a board, troubleshooting can get expensive for someone without the boards in stock. I have repaired some of these boards. Circuit tracing is the only way. Not a good idea for the inexperienced and brain damaging for those that do. Components from Fujitsu for this unit are not possible so if you find a bad part, you better hope it's not proprietary to Fujitsu or preprogrammed. Your best bet is to contact an authorized servicer in your area.

--
Remove "NS" from the e-mail address to respond.
Reply to

I would look on the power supply board and see if there's any bad electrolytic capacitors. If any test points on that board are labeled with voltages then that's a place to start. Plasmas are no picnic to service though.

Reply to
James Sweet

Thanks for the tips, i better try to get a service manual and have a look at the flow charts! and get the meter out

cheers

Reply to
Dave.au

at

I think you'll find the service manual will tell you to replace the power supply module, not very useful.

Reply to
James Sweet