OT: carbon dioxide reduction question

Every bit sent via the net takes a small amount of energy to transmit. Multiply that by the number of news servers and it adds up.

And yes, ya done good Dennis.

Jeff

--
"Everything from Crackers to Coffins"
Reply to

CO2 is produced in the production of beer. It is collected ( or harvested in NS ) and used in the bars and pubs etc for the serving thereof.

Reply to
Metro

The ones I have visited (northern Europe, mainly) have tanks for

*collecting* the CO2 byproduct of brewing, and it is then used industrially or in-house for carbonated drinks.
Reply to
who where

The blueprints I saw for one brewery had a large tank, and piping for tank trucks to deliver Carbon Dioxide.

Michael A. Terrell

What I know as beer gas A lot of the generated gas in the fermentation process is used to compress the kegs and larger container for delivery , very strong beer smell of course

--
Reply to
atec77

O2 via

ng for

So in other words, the brewing process generates CO2 ?

(Not that it matters of course)

Reply to
kreed

On Sat, 1 Oct 2011 06:42:55 -0700 (PDT), kreed put finger to keyboard and composed:

I refrain from drinking mineral water because it is indistinguishable from tap water, but others claim that it, too, has an unacceptable carbon footprint.

"LONDON -- London Mayor Ken Livingstone on Tuesday [February 19, 2008] launched a blitz against bottled mineral water, urging restaurant customers in the British capital to ask for tap water to help the environment.

Livingstone said tap water was not only cheaper but also comes without the heavy carbon footprint of transporting bottled varieties by road and often vast distances by air from countries as far away as Fiji and New Zealand."

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Yes.

Reply to
who where

Deliver? or receive.... The brewing process generates CO2.

Reply to
who where

Good, thank you for confirming that.

Reply to
kreed

**You're most welcome.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

water)

.

I always drank tap water (again no difference in taste in my opinion, and it is essentially free) but stopped when fluoride was put in by QLD state government order earlier in the year, as there is plenty of controversy as to its safety that I would rather not risk it. Back to rain water for me.

(For those that are into carbon footprints, I don't see how you can beat rainwater).

Reply to
kreed

I know for a fact that one of the large name mineral waters sold here in WA is simply bore water from a property in the hills near Perth.

Tap water is the way to go.

Reply to
Dennis

yup basic chemistry , beer is related to yogurt :) I know which I prefer

--
Reply to
atec77

For what ?

Reply to
kreed

water)

How about all the ambulance traffic for people who get dysentery from drinking the bird droppings rinsed off their roof? ;-&

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510
845-480-2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

ted water)

On modern tanks, you have a "first flush" unit, that discards the first lot of water, this allows sufficient time for the roof to be washed clean before the tank starts filling, then the water is fine, no dirt and crap. Interestingly though, at school a long long time ago, we had 2x 8,000 gallon (approx) tanks that collected rain water from the roof for drinking - no first flush or filter, everyone drank out of them, including the teachers and no one got sick from it.

Of course, if there were toxic chemicals in the air and it wasnt safe, I wouldnt drink it, but that isnt the case here.

No health problems in my family.

Reply to
kreed

**For this:

"**BIG difference. Beer and some sparkling wines generate their own CO2 via the fermentation process." 10/2/2011

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Riiiight. And if you close your eyes, Tinkerbell will live.

--

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Roger Blake (Change "invalid" to "com" for email. Google Groups killfiled.)

"Climate policy has almost nothing to do anymore with environmental protection... the next world climate summit in Cancun is actually an economy summit during which the distribution of the world's resources will be negotiated." -- Ottmar Edenhofer, IPCC

Roger Blake