Oritron DVD600 will not read/load

I have an Oritron DVD600 in my possession that will not read/load. When I popped the top, I noticed that the DVD was not spinning. I leaned in to listen, and I could hear what sounded like it trying to spin. With a little help from me, the motor began to spin and the DVD with it. However it would still not read/load. Any suggestions?

What I mean by "a little help from me" is that I pushed the DVD in the correct direction with my finger and then it started to spin. As if the motor does not have enough voltage going to it to get it started. Possibly low starting torque.

Reply to
JagMan

The lack of torque on the motor to drive the CD disk can be from a problem in the power supply, the servo drive, or the motor itself. This would have to be worked out by analysing the problem. The easiest approach is to make sure that the power supply is up to specs. The next step is to see if there is proper drive to the motor. You will most likely need the service manual, and a DVM at the very minimum to start on this.

--

JANA _____

What I mean by "a little help from me" is that I pushed the DVD in the correct direction with my finger and then it started to spin. As if the motor does not have enough voltage going to it to get it started. Possibly low starting torque.

Reply to
JANA

Shorted spindle motor. Common problem.

Mark Z.