ONKYO T407 AM/FM Tuner

Maybe just fingertrouble only, but I cannot enter a station into the tuner memory. It looks like all the presets are stored with the same 87.000 Mhz station. If I try the DIRECT tuning mode and enter e.g. 92.000 it will find that freq and station. As soon as I press memory it will return to

87.000. I have no User Manual or REMOTE is there a special trick to STORE a station like holding a button for x seconds?, pushing 2 buttons simultaneously? or is the set just not working as advertised?

TY Brasto

Reply to
Brasto

With many tuners, you have to press and hold the button for the channel that you are programming for several seconds before then pressing store. I'm sure that a user manual is to be found somewhere on the 'net for free.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

fingertrouble only, but I cannot enter a station into the

TY Arfa, I'll try your recipe, but I would not be to sure about finding the User Manual..(I had no luck anyway)

Reply to
Brasto

user-manuals.com claim to have it for $9.99, but I did not find anywhere for free. Onkyo themselves have a website, and they have a "contact" tab, so it might be worth just e-mailing them and asking if they have the user manual, or at least if anyone can advise you on the correct procedure. Nothing to lose and they can only say no ... Many manufacturers are quite helpful in this respect.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Don't remember exactly, but the 407 is unusual. I think you press the memory button, then a "class" button, at which time the station will be entered into that class. Each class button hold so many stations. I have a 407, that's what I remember anyway. I have a paper manual somewhere, but there doesn't seem to be a PDF available from Onkyo...

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

Aaah, I start to understand those CLASS buttons, obviously they are there to expand the number of possible Pre-Sets. In the meantime I tried the previous advice to hold the station keys for 5 secs or so, but that did not work. I also checked the hidden 0.1Farad memory backup. It measures 4.7 VDC when Mains is on and drps to 2.5VDC when the plug is pulled. Mark I'll see the machine again tomorrow and will try your recipe...... TY Brasto

Reply to
Brasto

Ok Mark, Yes that works..I am able now to store a station into CLASS, BUT....... I donot know how to OVERRIDE or to CLEAR an existing entry. There also is a pushbutton labelled ""APR"" which seems not to function as I cannot cycle from on to off.

Reply to
Brasto

I have not figured how to override a station entry. Like I said - the T-407 is unusual. It seems the APR is a momentary contact switch which sets the APR settings according to the reception conditions at that moment. This setting WILL be applied to that station in class memory, so be sure the mono/stereo, DX etc are set where you want them before the station is entered into a class. I do think that if you manually set a station to MONO for example or switch the LOCAL/DX status, the APR is effectively OFF.

I'm sure someone out there understands these units better than me. I only acquired my 407 pretty recently, and don't even listen to radio that much...

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

So if you don't know why don't you shut your dumbass up, dumbass.

Reply to
Paige D'Winter

Eat shit. I've helped this guy before - and I'm the closest thing to a resource he's got on this thing. You know, it's really not as cool as you seem to think coming on here and disrupting the group. It does not mean you are clever or smart - just an asshole.

PLONK!

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

Hello Mark, Well OK, at least you learned me how to get a station into memory, to get one out is a different story and probably I'll acquire that manual someday as I like the receiver. As soon as I know the tricks I'll let you know. Hope these messages do not upset Mr de Winter any further, he must have ""een erg kort lontje !!""

Reply to
Brasto

OK this is what the owners manual says about memorizing stations. This is ALL it says on the subject.

"How to classify and memorize stations

The memory can be divided (classified) for different users or programs of stations.

With this model eight classes (CLASS A TO H) are available and stations can be memorized in any class.

A total of 40 stations can be memorized in classes from A to H. Although the same station can be memorized in different classes, the memory number for the station will differ depending on the order in which the station is memorized in the classes.

  1. Tune in the desired station (see previous section on the tuning operations).

  1. Press the MEMORY button. The memory indicator will flash for 8 seconds.

  2. Press the desired Classified Memory button (one of the buttons A to H). The station is memorized in the selected class with the memory number which is the smallest of the unoccupied numbers in the class.

By repeating the operations above, up to 40 stations can be memorized. If an attempt is made to memorize 41 stations, "FULL" will be displayed in the frequency display, indicating that no more stations can be memorized."

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias