Oldest piece of working and still used test equipment ?

I built a clock some years ago with the oldest components I could find. Not exactly test equipment but it does meter the time :) It is documented here:

It uses some digital 74xx ICs from around 1972, a selenium rectifier and of course nixies for display.

Reply to
Jeroni Paul

Sensitive Research Polyranger "Expanded Scale" Thermocouple Volt & Amp meter built some time in the '40s? and last calibrated in the '60s.

Similar to this meter:

Michael A. Terrell

Am 22.09.2009, 16:59 Uhr, schrieb Joerg :

Well, ultimate accuracy is surely not an issue when talking of dissipating energy on a locomotive... allow for some 10-20% (or so) change in resistance value with temperature - who cares...

Ansgar

--
*** Musik! ***
Reply to