NSX-S555

please I ned help with this audio system. The cd player nor the tape reproducer work properly that is with the tape reproducer when I insert a casette and press Play just what I heard is the click of a solenoid but nothing moves so the tape can not be advanced or rewind. When i select CD and pu a disk it is selected and ready to be read but the disk turns about 3 seconds and then changes to other disk. The tuner works fine so what couldbe the problem with the other ones. By the way the motor of the tape has 4 connectors +,-.L,H what does it mean? rgds mloo55

Reply to
mloo55

The tape deck has belt problems most likely. and the CD has either a dirty, or worn out laser.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Agreed.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

Reply to
mloo55

The motor should attempt to run when play is pressed, regardless of whether or not the belts are in good condition, or correctly in place. If the motor definitely doesn't run, first make sure that the front bearing hasn't seized ( they do ) or that it is not impeded in any way - such as a perished belt having jumped off, and wrapped itself arount the motor shaft, behind the pulley. This sometimes happens if a unit has been out of use for a long time. The belts go sticky and spongy, and snag as soon as the motor runs. If the motor is free to turn, but doesn't when you press play, you must check that voltage appears across the two motor terminals marked " + " and " - ". Ignore the two marked " A " and " B ". Expected voltage will be 12v. If no voltage appears, then you may have a switching problem, a drive problem ( driver / switching transistor ) or a power supply issue ( open circuit safety resistor perhaps ).

I think I've got a manual somewhere for an NSX - S555 ( Aiwa - right ?? ). Repost if you're still in trouble with it, and I'll have a look, and see how the motor is driven. There are several different deck assemblies fitted to Aiwa models, but without doubt, the most common problem is bad belts. The usual symptom is that the deck is jammed, the door latch release is blocked ( never force the door open in this condition - it breaks the latch pin ) and when you power up, the deck just goes click - click - click a few times before going inert.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Arfa tks again but i will have to check the voltages you mention when Play button is pressed however if youhave the schematic for this part i would thank if you send to my mail snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com I will let you know any advance rgd mloo55 Arfa Daily ha escrito:

Reply to
mloo55

well, i have just try to measure a voltage in the + and - terminals of the motor when play button is pressed but it is zero all the time. I would like to know the path the current goes to the motor, please i f you can help. rgds mlo55

Reply to
mloo55