noting tv display at best buy

Don't want this to turn into a brand name rant, but this may be interesting to someone. Just went shopping at Best Buy for a large screen (32in) flat screen TV to put inside our "new" antique TV unit. narrowed it down to either Toshiba, or Philips, when I noticed that whenever graphics appeared on the Philips TV (such as the name of the news anchor, at the bottom center of the screen) the graphics appeared crooked, and were partially cut off. This could not be seen in the Toshiba, or any other brand of TV on the shelves. When I showed this to the sales staff, they agreed that this s was strange, and opened up a brand new unit, connected it, and powered it up. The new unit showed the exact same problem as the first Philips. A third unit was opened, with exactly the same results. I'm not being overly picky, the graphics were incredibly crooked, and quite a few graphics were VERY noticeably cut off. All then possible user variable software screen controls were checked, and all seemed ok. I picked up the Toshiba, as the price, aesthetics, and cabinet size all met our needs. Too bad, because before I realized the skewed picture, the Philips was in the front running, because of the style of the cabinet. Very strange...dontcha think?

--
Kim..the man with a girls name, and Frankensteins body
Reply to

Mike Berger

Then why were the other sets ok???

Reply to
rb

Between the two sets, you chose the better manufacture. What you are seeing is a combination of the accuracy of design, and the tolerance of how they are aligning the sets when manufactured.

--
JANA
_____