AB MicroLogix 1000 series commonly fautling.

[snippage]

Check out this Rockwell bulletin.

Bad Habit

Reply to
badhabit

is it me or does AB have a bad design out there for their 1000 Series MicroLogix (1761) brick PLC's? its seem lately we have been reloading PLC's from data loss mostly happening when powering up the machines they are in. its real strange because we had 2 pieces of equipment side by side not on the same power bus but performing the same job in each machine! well for at least 1 month they both would fault out on a weekend power up at the same time. after reloading them, we decided to replace them. now those are ok for the time being. how ever. we had just gotten several pieces of equipment updated from

2 different companies which both use the same PLC model and guess what is now starting to happen to them on the weeken start ups randomly faulting and these units are only about 4 months in service. we were told by one of the companies that they ordered 10 of them and all of them had random problems of losing data on boot up. so what do you think ?
--
Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5

thanks, thats exactly what is happening. i will pass it on!