bose wave awrc1p

I have a bose wave awrc1p 120 volt radio cd player that has suddenly developed a loud growl on which raising or lowering volume has no effect. The growl is only in the left speaker, though the right speaker has a much smaller hum or growl. I could play the cd or use aux earlier, but this U.S. bought set did not receive AM/FM overseas. I have disconnected a 0.47 mfd capacitor that goes to the input of left side of power amplifier IC TDA 7375A and the growl stops, which means it originates from behind this stage, I don't have a service manual and I wonder if anyone can help with this or a similar model, date of manufacture is10/2001. The pcb number is 260128-1 and the serial number is 023075c11560231ac. Many thanks and best wishes to all. spd

Reply to
spd