Nexus 7 repair

Just for the mere NON-fun of it, I dropped my Nexus tablet and the road impacted on 1 corner. The tuff glass splintered and dropped off a couple of minor chips. So - it's a cosmetic damage rather than a full-on failure.

I was wondering - car windscreen repair shops tout some sort epoxy(?) filler to gloss out the damage. What is it? Where would one get it? Would it work?

TA

Reply to
Black Iccy

There's probably not enough in the kit to do the job. It's also formulated to have the same index of refraction as the plastic anti-shatter windshield sandwitch, and may not be the same as just glass.

Google for "optical clear epoxy": etc...

You may want to test the glue on something else before attacking your Nexus tabet. Some glues shrink, some don't quite harden, other aren't good for gap filling, etc. With epoxy, you have one chance to get it right or you're left with a mess. Also, be sure to clean the glass with MEK before gluing.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

The word "impact" -- as verb or noun -- is one of the most-vapid in English. It hardly ever is the best choice to express the idea of hitting or influencing.

Or hit, or banged into, or landed on, or crashed into, etc, etc, etc.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

The boy is suffering from too much exposure to marketing hype, or sports reporting.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Yep. That has a big impact on ones vocabulary.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Jeff Liebermann

English.

The start of a three time loser: He sells used cars to put himself through law school. Then he runs for office. ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Picky -)

Reply to
Black Iccy

Thanks Jeff. Seem to have a missing "Eternal_september" posting but no matter.

Reply to
Black Iccy