Nextel Motorola PTT Phone to Phone

I read somewhere that you could PTT phone to phone without service on their new phones. I know this is not true with the older models. If this is true how does it work? Does it run in the 900mhz band that the phone usually uses or does it run on FRS frequency ~400mhz? or something else?

Reply to
Michael Kennedy

Art

Reply to
Mike Berger

I know ptt isn't direct to each unit. It works just like a cell phone but. Thought I'd ask if anyone else read what I did..

Reply to
Michael Kennedy

here is a link to it on nextel's site

Michael Kennedy