Newbie Question on Flyback Primary Winding

I just bought a flyback tester and have a drawer full of flybacks that I want to test. How do I know what pins to connect it to? The directions say to simple hook it up to the primary windings, but which pins are these?

Thanks

Reply to
troxelone

To know this you will really need the schematics from the manufactures.

Remember that your tester is only doing a basic reactance test of the device. To properly test a flyback it has to be properly driven and loaded. Then the current pull and various voltages have to be varified. It is not a simple process to properly test a flyback!

Jerry G.

--

troxel...@yahoo.com wrote:
> I just bought a flyback tester and have a drawer full of flybacks that
> I want to test.  How do I know what pins to connect it to?  The
> directions say to simple hook it up to the primary windings, but which
> pins are these?
>
> Thanks
Reply to
Jerry G.

On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 14:31:01 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com put finger to keyboard and composed:

Go here ...

... and find the equivalent FBT. Then view the schematic of the equivalent.

For example, this is the HR6214 FBT:

The primary winding is between pins 1 and 17.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar