Need Schematic Bose Acoustic Wave AWRC1G (2023 Update)

There are many possible causes, but a bad solder joint is likely. Touching up lots and lots of joints might not be a bad idea.

I would suggest taking voltage readings around the PS and recording them. Then, when the unit stops working, check the voltages.

I realize that it's much easier to troubleshoot when you have the schematic. But this is the sort of problem that could drive you crazy and waste huge amounts of time. I would wait until it (appears to) fail altogether.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

I have a strange problem with this Bose radio/cd unit.

It goes completely dead, but only intermittently.

In other words, one day it just died. (no function/no display) I did a little checking, suspecting a defective power transformer. Pulled it and checked good. I put it back in and it worked...thought pri clip may have wiggled loose off of the board. After a week or so, it died again. It worked the next day however. After an hour of playing it would die again. Now, it's working all the time. I have checked solder connections on the board, tested regulators and caps in the power supply.

I would like to get a print because I see this is going to be a chaser, but they seem hard to find.

The unit is an AWRC1G The PC board designation is: 260128-0001

5329 8/28/03 0325

Thanks

Reply to
Sparkey

Check the so-called strain relief for the mains cable

Reply to
N_Cook

Mail me direct off-group at the address I used to post this. I should be able to fix you up with schematics

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

I have checked the strain relief, does not seem to affect the operation. It's still playing.

Yup, I have been recording power supply values anticipating shut-down. thanks

Reply to
Sparkey

Hi Sparkey, I have a Bose Wave Radio model no AWRC1G and I am looking for an electronic schematic. Were you able to locate one? Thanks

Reply to
Ed

Still looking for AWRC1G electronic schematic. Do you have one?

Reply to
Edward Principe