need help with Sony TRV328 video cam

Can anybody help me? I think I fried my internal (coin) battery charging it with generator power in the wilds of Turkey last summer. I have a replacement battery, but I can't seem to find the original one to replace it! Any one know where it is?

Reply to
Dr. Ken

The internal battery does not get a charge from your battery charger, it's a factory charged CR2025 or CR2035 type. Probably accessed through a small removable panel underneath where the main battery hangs on the rear.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

There is a small removable panel on the back behind the main battery, but it contains a little memory card, not the coin battery. I have removed most of the camera's skin and still cannot find the internal battery. Thanks for the response.

Ken

Reply to
Dr. Ken

Hey Ken, If you think that was the case it might be that the internal rechargeable and/or associated circuitry is fried. Is this a problem? According to the manual you'll get the flashing "set date" and won't be able to. The camera will work without it however. The location will be on the main logic or power board I suspect and will be soldered in. Richard

Reply to
spudnuty

Reply to
Dr. Ken