Parts for Monster AVS 2000

I have a Monster Power Automatic Volage Stabilizer AVS 2000. Inside it has a motor driven variac to correct and maintain constant voltage for electronic components plugged into it. I need to replace the contacts on the armature of the variac. I've tried contacting Monster and they aren't any help. Does anybody know where else I might find replacement parts?

Sincerely, Derek Simmons

Reply to
Derek Simmons

The variac is probably a standard make, like Superior Electric, Staco, GenRad or whatever was popular in that vintage. But, electric motor brushes might be made to fit, they are real easy to file, and a good hardware store will have a box of replacement brushes.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson