Need help downloading user manual for LG EC990SW VCR

I need help downloading the user manual (467KB) for an LG model EC990SW VCR from this URL:

|MANU_manu.jhtml

I have installed the DJVU plugins for my browser (Opera), but I can't access the appropriate file (EC990SW_NA2ALL_78B_NEW.djvu). I have also tried Firefox. My brother who is using IE also cannot access the file.

I would be most grateful if someone could provide me with a direct link, or send the manual to my e-mailbox.

The subject VCR is powering up with "SAFE" in the display. I suspect this is due to a child lock.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

No, there is a copy of "Marathon Man" stuck in it.

:-)

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson, Jerusalem, Israel gsm@mendelson.com  N3OWJ/4X1GM
Reply to

Looks like the LG site wants you to launch the manual directly from their site. Seems that you have to allow the LizardTech DjVu viewer to be installed or it doesn't allow the manual to be accessed.

I have the WinDjVu viewer, which is a much better viewer than LizardTech's viewer (IMHO), and I don't want to go through the pain of juggling software apps on my system just for one document.

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net  (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the

On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 10:30:00 -0400, "DaveM" put finger to keyboard and composed:

apps

I've installed LizardTech's plugins in my browser, which handles other Netscape plugins as if they were its own, but I can't even view the manual, let alone save it. I can't tell you how much this annoys me.

I don't have the remote control for this VCR, but AFAICT if it's anything like other LG remotes, it will have a C.Lock or Lock button on it.

After writing the above, I just received a copy of the manual in my mailbox. The remote does have a C.Lock button. Thanks Paul.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

English Owners manual (pdf) downloaded from this French site - here:-

Click this box:-

" Télécharger le mode d'emploi intégral (4954 Ko)"

Page 25 to remove child lock. You need the remote. Button C.LOCK

Colin @ CATronics

Reply to
Colin Horsley

On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 08:37:27 +1000, "Colin Horsley" put finger to keyboard and composed:

Thanks.

FYI, there is an English version of that site:

I notice that the download is 4.8MB whereas the DJVU file is only

468KB. LG Australia also emailed me a copy of the file ... in PDF format. It was 898KB in size.

Although it's been a frustrating exercise, I can see why LG uses DJVU on their web site.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar