Schematic Diagram database -- access problem

I found this database of schematic diagrams:

Unfortunately neither of my browsers (Firefox 2.0.0.15, Opera 9.27) can drill down to a clickable PDF file.

For example, to obtain the manual for an Aiwa TV model 14GT33, I need to click TV -> Aiwa.

I then need to manually build the following URL:

The PDF icon is not clickable. Is there a problem with my browsers, or am I having problems because I haven't registered?

BTW, I can build URLs using Book, HA, and Monitor as directory names, but I can't hit on the correct names for Home Audio, Car Audio, or OA & MOBI.

I realise my browser versions are not up-to-date.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

not tried your problem site but sometimes I've found going thru a proxy like

or anonymouse sometimes helps for some odd reason, if a browser "problem"

N_Cook

The PDF came down here apparently correct, somewhat slow though. It says "SERVICE MANUAL, COLOR TELEVISION TV-14GT33 D MODEL CODE : 8ZJBV-0297 (ST6L)", is 19 pages, and 5.730 kB

If you offer a mail address, I can send it appended.

Regards, H.

Reply to
Heinz Schmitz

On Wed, 20 May 2009 09:34:27 +0200, Heinz Schmitz put finger to keyboard and composed:

I don't have a problem downloading the file from the above URL. My problem is that the PDF icon for that file on the web site is not clickable, so I have to build the above URL by hand.

If you go to

then click on "Schematic Diagram - TV", and then "aiwa", can you click any of the PDFs?

If you need to build a URL, here are the subdirectories for some of the other categories:

Home Audio /new/audio TV /new/Tv Monitor /new/monitor Book /new/Book HA (household appliances?) /new/HA Car Audio /new/car OA & MOBIle phones /new/???? eeprom /????????

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

I get the same (lack of) results with both IE6 and firefox 3.

--
Geo
Reply to

Franc Zabkar Inscribed thus:

Hi Franc, You're not alone ! Non of the "pdf" links are clickable for me either. Using Wins or Linux. Various browsers, Opera, Firefox, Ie6/7 or Konquerer.

--
Best Regards:
                        Baron.

Cha Ching!

Reply to
Meat Plow

Did you try ---- right click the pdf icon and select "save target as"

Reply to
bg

On Wed, 20 May 2009 08:30:04 -0400, Meat Plow put finger to keyboard and composed:

I viewed the source code for that page but found no PDFs. I suspect that by going directly to the /new/ directory instead of via the home page, some essential Javascript code is not downloaded. R-clicking the PDF icon doesn't do anything either.

I registered, but I still couldn't get in.

Thanks to all.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

I get an error message:

Fedora Core Test Page This page is used to test the proper operation of the Apache HTTP server after it has been installed. If you can read this page, it means that the web server installed at this site is working properly, but has not yet been configured.

If you are a member of the general public: The fact that you are seeing this page indicates that the website you just visited is either experiencing problems, or is undergoing routine maintenance.

If you would like to let the administrators of this website know that you've seen this page instead of the page you expected, you should send them e-mail. In general, mail sent to the name "webmaster" and directed to the website's domain should reach the appropriate person.

For example, if you experienced problems while visiting

you should send e-mail to " snipped-for-privacy@example.com".

For information on Fedora Core, please visit the Fedora Project website.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- If you are the website administrator: You may now add content to the directory /var/www/html/. Note that until you do so, people visiting your website will see this page, and not your content. To prevent this page from ever being used, follow the instructions in the file /etc/httpd/conf.d/welcome.conf.

You are free to use the images below on Apache and Fedora Core powered HTTP servers. Thanks for using Apache and Fedora Core!

Michael A. Terrell

Good for you. When I read the pdf, I found it is in some Asian font and contained just some drawings - no schematic.

Funny enough, I had no problem the first time (Firefox, this is how I downloaded the pdf). All other experiments to get some other file failed.

Regards, H.

Reply to
Heinz Schmitz

I looked at the code too and there is nothing there. Something is broken if you cant register and download.

Reply to
Meat Plow

Could just be a method of collecting Email addresses for spam delivery !

--
Best Regards:
                     Baron.

I suppose it could. I use a TMDA host so I have complete control of what ends up at my doorstep.

Reply to
Meat Plow

Yeah, that'd be my guess too.

-- W . | ,. w , "Some people are alive only because \\|/ \\|/ it is illegal to kill them." Perna condita delenda est

Bob Larter

I just had a look and it downloaded fine for me - Mac using latest Firefox

David

Reply to
David

Same here. Opera on Linux.