Need a special cable

I need a cable 5 to 6 ft long that has a 3.5mm plug on each end. The plug n eeds to have 4 connections, (three segments), that is, ground, video, and l eft and right audio. This cable is to connect the AV output of a video play er to a stereo monitor. I have looked for this thing but so far all I can f ind is a cable with the proper connector on one end and RCA plugs on the ot her. This would require my having to buy two cables and three barrels and p ut them together to make this work. And Radio Shlock wants 25.00 just for o ne cable. Does anyone know where I can find this animal? Thanks, Lenny

Reply to
captainvideo462009

I got a whole bunch of them for a few dollars each on eBay.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson,  N3OWJ/4X1GM/KBUH7245/KBUW5379
Reply to

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Mouser PN 172-8362-E $3.50

Massoud

He wants stereo plus video. You'll have to use RCA cables. Try Markertek or B and H Photo. You might get lucky.

Reply to
dave

For a new cable, Digi-Key CP-354S-M/M-ND, $6.09 quantity 1, plus a few bucks shipping. 4 conductor 3.5mm plug on each end, 6' long. I don't know if this is any good or not, just that it exists.

If you just have to do this once at the lowest possible cost, and it doesn't have to look nice, try the local thrift stores. They often have a wall of assorted orphan signal cables, line cords, wall-warts, etc for $1 or $2 each. You'd still have to buy the barrels for this option.

Standard disclaimers apply: I don't get money or other consideration from any companies mentioned.

Matt Roberds

Reply to
mroberds